Each of us today experiences extensive and rapid change. This is a given in the era we live in and nowhere more true than in our schools. As educators we have to manage the change that our scholars and colleagues and their families experience, as well as the change that we and our own families experience. In this context the ABC of Mindful Educators will make an impact on our lives in the HERE and NOW by helping us to stay strong and resilient. Mindfulness is for everyone.
Why Take This Course?
- To establish awareness of my own stress, stressors, and the effect it has on the climate of the classroom, my occupational health, as well as my emotional and physical well-being;
- to be introduced to the widely researched benefits of mindfulness, to assure better stress management and to provide quick practical ways to practice mindfulness exercises throughout a stressful day;
- to develop awareness of my own thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations and breathing to assure better emotional awareness and regulation (EQ), and thus creating better motivation and classroom engagement of learners;
- to establish responding (emotion coaching skills) rather than reacting (emotion dismissive behaviour)in stressful situations at school;
- to provide short effective breathing exercises for calming down, creating new energy to thrive and to assure staying grounded in the midst of daily challenges
- to establish self-compassion (rather than self-pity, selfishness or self-esteem) and self-care, so to assure other compassion and better connecting relationships with learners, parents and colleagues;
- to equip educators how to provide a kind safe space for themselves, learners, as well as those within the unhealthy relationship triangle (victims, bullies and rescuers);
- to deal better with bullying from learners, parents and colleagues by means of mindful conflict resolution.
How Can We Help?